- Address: The Hirsel, Kincardine Hill, Ardgay IV24 3DJ Sutherland
- Owners: Donald Gillies & Donna DuCarme
- Mobile: 078985661682
- Email: email@example.com
- Web: thehirsel.com/camping
- Opening Hours: The Simple but Sweet site is available at the introductory cost of £35 per night for two persons. Extra single air mattresses cost £5/night per mattress. Payment is on arrival. Check in is after 3pm (If you will arrive early or late, please let us know, luggage drop off is possible). Check out is 11am.
- Bunkhouses/ Camping/ Caravans / Glamping
The ‘Simple but Sweet’ site is located in a quiet corner of a small field, just beside the farmyard, with a view over the fields to the Dornoch firth. It sleeps two in a double bed (we supply bedding), in a 5 meter round tent. Lighting is battery and solar powered. Under a gazebo next to the tent, you’ll find a cook-stove, water, and cooking gear, in case you wish to prepare simple camp meals. There are tables and chairs for two, inside and out. If you are more than two persons, we have two single mattresses available for a small fee (you supply sleeping bags/bedding for these). There is room for them in the tent. Or talk to us, if you wish to pitch a small second tent.
Children are welcome, so long as they are supervised at all times, and you are welcome to explore the farm while you are here, on your own or guided by one of us. You may even get to meet some of our heritage breed Hebridean sheep, up close and personal, if they aren’t feeling too shy that day! If you want to experience a real, working Highland hill farm, or just wake up to a spectacular view, the Hirsel is the place to do it – we promise not to start the tractor too early!